2 0 1 7 S.T.E.P. AWARDS
Presented at the 2018 installation banquet
THE SAFETY TRAINING & EVALUATION PROGRAM (STEP) WAS DEVELOPED & WRITTEN BY CONTRACTORS FOR
By participating in the program, members are provided with an organized approach for analyzing and developing safety and
loss prevention programs:
- Guide to starting, updating or auditing a company-wide safety program
- Incorporates both OSHA required safety data with self-assessment requirements to give a full, wide ranging report on the entire nature of a company's Safety Program
- Designed to benefit both large and small contractors alike
- Recognition for ABC members at both National and Chapter level. STEP can also lead into National Safety Excellence Awards and Accredited Quality Contractor recognition.
- Benefits both when bidding for business and negotiating insurance rates
- All companies claim that safety is a priority; with STEP you can prove it!
DON KRUEGER CONSTRUCTION CO.
HALL ELECTRIC COMPANY
KELLY PAINTING & DRYWALL
REXCO CONSTRUCTION SERVICES
VICTORIA AIR CONDITIONING
WENDT ELECTRICAL SERVICES
Platinum & Diamond Recipients
More than 19% of ABC contractor members across the nation applied for the Safety Training Evaluation Process (STEP) program in 2017. Overall, 39% of all STEP recipients nationwide achieved STEP – PLATINUM or DIAMOND status.
STEP Platinum level is open to applicants who maintain a total recordable incidence rate (TRIR) at least 25% or more below BLS industry averages and whose experience modification rate (EMR) is less than 0.8 (0.9 for companies under 100 employees). Winners are eligible to compete for the ABC National Safety Excellence Awards and CURT-CISE awards each year.
423 – 23% of total applicants - ABC contractor members earned STEP Platinum status, representing outstanding safety performance.
Our Chapter has 3 out of 585 across the nation:
INFINITY COMMUNICATIONS TECHNOLOGIES (ICT)
LESTER CONTRACTING, INC.
254 – 15% of total ABC contractor members and their branch offices achieved STEP Diamond status—the pinnacle of long-term safety performance and incident prevention.
Our Chapter has 12 out of 382 across the nation. This is the most Diamond recipients our Chapter has ever had!
H&H DOOR COMPANY
HURT'S WASTEWATER MANAGEMENT
ISC CONSTRUCTORS, LLC
K&T CONSTRCUTION CO., INC.
LAUGER COMPANIES, INC.
MMR CONSTRUCTORS, INC. (INGELSIDE LOCATION)
MMR CONSTRUCTORS, INC. (CORPORATE)
TURNER INDUSTRIES GROUP, LLC
VCS SECURITY SYSTEMS
WEAVER & JACOBS CONSTRUCTORS, INC.